5.21.2012

Weekly email prompts - Day 1


On days like this, when I get the email course I signed up for, I will do them instead of the random daily ones I do from the website previously mentioned
***
Inner Journey Dip, Module 1: 5-minute glide
Spend 5 minutes writing about and exploring any of these questions/statements. Choose 1 for today's 5-minute glide and do the others when you have free time.

1. What past deed defines Nichole Owens?
I think one thing in my past that continues to shape who I am today would be 'the cheater.' I had cheated on every boyfriend I had before I was 22. I came to the conclusion that the reason I did it was lack of communication. I didn't know how to communicate with my significant others that there were problems in our relationship, so instead of confronting them, I participated in an action that would cause me to have to break up with them. With Stuart, I prided myself in not cheating. And it's silly because that should just be a given, something not even noteworthy, yet every so often I'd pat myself on the back for being a loyal and open girlfriend. It's like an alcoholic who gets rewarded with a chip for sobriety.
----
2. What is that one question whose answer continues to elude you?
"What job do you want to do for the rest of your life?" I have no answer for that. I've never really had an answer for that and yet I spent lots of money on random classes in community college. Prices have gone up considerably and I can't just take random classes anymore, I have to have a goal, but I don't have one. People keep saying that since I'm unemployed that I should go back to school, but it's pointless if I don't know what I want to do with my life. I think I'd enjoy any job I did if I knew it was for a good cause. I want to be able to help people. I was able to land a volunteer gig at Camp Ronald McDonald as a councilor and am so excited I've been given this opportunity. Throughout my life camp has been a constant thing. After I was too old to attend camp, I still tried to help by raising awareness and raising money for their fundraisers. I want to continue to do so. They have been and always will be a big part of my life and if I could turn that into a career, I think I'd be incredibly happy.
----
If you want to know where I got these or any of the other prompts, let me know. Also, feel free to do the prompt yourself and share it with me via entry comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
♥(Blogger Design by Sweetie Memoirs. Artwork by Descry.)♥