5.30.2012

Weekly email prompts - Day 3

I'm actually behind and skipped the actual Day 3 prompts but will come back to them when I feel like writing about them. Yesterday I wrote this one, so this prompt is a little late. And yes, I already screwed up daily writing exercises within the first week.
----

Reflect on yesterday's events and identify moments that happened spontaneously. Explore how you felt during those moments.


Yesterday I was at a Memorial Day BBQ with Stuart's family. One spontaneous moment that comes to mind is when his aunt Judy was telling me that I'm going to the lake trip this year, that she needs me to go and that she had a wonderful time with me last year, "more than you'll ever know." My eyes started to water. She wanted to know why I was against going, and I told her it was because it's expensive and I have no way to help pay. She said that she understands that I'm not a person who expects others to pay for me, she knows I'm a good person and wants me to be involved in the family vacation. I felt so loved. This is a woman I've spent one week with at the lake trip last year and have seen not many times other than that, and she is willing to pay my way on the trip because she values my company. It makes me happy to know that my personality is so valued and that, even though she barely knows me, she realizes it's hard for me to allow others to pay such an amount of money on me. I truly love Stuart's family and I am happy I get to go on this year's trip, despite still wanting to figure out a way to help financially. I will most definitely be helping with clean up and everything like that, but of course I would have done that anyway even if I paid for myself, as I did last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
♥(Blogger Design by Sweetie Memoirs. Artwork by Descry.)♥