4.07.2011

Mary Kay kinda day!

I received my order of Mary Kay today. Of which, 25% was donated to Camp Ronald McDonald including a few other orders placed with Chantal. She decided the best way to raise money for the Walk for Kids 2011 was to allow people to buy something for themselves and also feel good about donating to a good cause. So here is what I got:

This is Lavender Fog. I also purchased Moonstone (a cream color - not goldish like it kinda appears in this photo) and thought they'd both go well with the Sweet Plum (dark purple) I already had.
This Mary Kay compact is something I already had from a previous purchase. The left section is magnetic, perfect for putting together whatever color scheme you want that you use daily (or just that day, then switch them out!) and I really suggest it. Mary Kay makes blush or lip color in these little dishes that would fit under the length of these shadows and a small blush brush that would fit in the compartment on the right. However I have purchased an eyebrow kit (super teeny tiny) to put there for eyebrow touchups. The lip gloss shown is also a previous purchase called Goldrush.

I also bought this.
I wanted a lip color that had more staying power than lip gloss but wasn't dry like I find some lipsticks to be (granted, I don't really own lipstick, but whatever). This Mary Kay product is liquid lip color and is pretty much in between lip gloss (it's not glossy, but it's still liquid) and it's not dry and doesn't emphasize my dry, cracked lips.
It's a pale pink and I actually like it. I think it will go good with the few times I wear pink eyeshadow. I'm thinking of buying the next darker shade. :D

Another purchase I'm excited about is this roll up makeup bag.
It was like $30 but I'm sure it will clear up some shelf space and would be nice to put my bathroom stuff in and just carry the bag to the bathroom (because I do not keep my things in the shower with these roommates - if I don't trust my food in their fridge, I don't trust my cleaning products in their bathroom).

And here's a nice surprise:
Chantal also ordered some thank you gifts for a few of her customers. It's a super cute mini brush bag that came with these brushes:
Four pretty common brushes. This is pretty rad because this little bag coupled with the Mary Kay compact I have, I pretty much have everything I need in my purse to do my makeup. Wowzah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
♥(Blogger Design by Sweetie Memoirs. Artwork by Descry.)♥